Started Oct 23, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jumperjax
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Help me pick out a decent point&shoot for concerts
Oct 23, 2012

Hell everyone, I need a little help deciding on a camera. I currently have a Canon powershot SD1100 IS, which is a few years old (the reason I'm looking to upgrade). It's been a pretty decent camera to me but isn't really cutting it for me for most of my needs.

I'm looking for something pocketable (so point&shoot), under $300, decent zoom, with HD video and quality photos.. The main selling point for me is whether or not I can take decent photos & videos at concerts with it. I understand that taking great photos at concerts with a p&S is not likely, but I don't want crazy amazing. I have gotten pretty decent photos with my current camera but the zoom is awful, and video quality not so great.

And the way I see it, if I can take decent pictures in low light/concert settings, then regular pictures should come out decent as well.

The audio (during videos) on my current camera is rather good though, so that's definitely something I want to keep.

I was pretty sure I wanted the Panasonic Lumix ZS20, and saw some photos taken at concerts that were decent, though I read that the audio on videos is bad.

The Canon PowerShot SX260 is another candidate, and side by side photo comparisons seem better than the Panasonic, though I haven't been able to find anything about concert videos or even photos really.

The Powershot S100 looks like a great camera for concerts, but I'm not sure on the video? and it doesn't have a big zoom... which again I could sacrifice if the other features are worth it.

I was also thinking of the Nikon Coolpix P310 because I read it has a faster lens (better for concerts?) but again, the zoom is low.

I'm definitely overwhelmed and a bit under educated in the camera department, so any help/opinions/advice would definitely be appreciated, and of course I'm open to other cameras other than the ones I listed.

Thanks so much!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow