A bit off the thread but interesting observation about DPR cam reviews....

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
agogo
Regular MemberPosts: 367Gear list
Like?
A bit off the thread but interesting observation about DPR cam reviews....
Oct 23, 2012

This isn't necessarily Olympus related (or maybe it could be?), but I can't help but wonder why some camera model reviews seem to be deliberately delayed for whatever reason. This happens on DXO too, I've noticed.

For example, why is the Canon 1DX not reviewed here yet? The sensor hasn't been tested either on DXO. Why the delay? The D4 was reviewed fairly quickly. Are there issues with the camera that they don't want us to know about? Seems strange that Canon's top-of-the-line camera hasn't been reviewed and tested yet - which would be a camera lots of photographers would want to know about

I remember when the Canon 1DIII had those focus issues, and the camera was never reviewed here - which seems suspicious to me. Also the delay with the E5 review, and the long delay for the EM5 sensor test on DXO.

I know posters have brought up the issue of bias, but .........dunno, seems fishy to me.

Is it just me or what?

Canon EOS-1D Nikon D4 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow