Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
missbrand
Regular MemberPosts: 170Gear list
Like?
Revolutionary new technology
Oct 22, 2012

With the Nikon D600 and the measures result on Dxo Mark, all cameras or sensors are beaten. Espescially all the old topmodels, Canon 1Ds III, Nikon D3s and the D3x. On the other hand the D800 are a perfectly identical match sensorwise and must be from the same new molding.

Compare, 1Ds III, D3x and D600:

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/%28appareil1%29/834|0/%28brand%29/Nikon/%28appareil2%29/485|0/%28brand2%29/Nikon/%28appareil3%29/436|0/%28brand3%29/Canon
With Canon beeing far behind and with productionslines still set for the old mold (I think it is 110nm sensors) and the new beeing 65nm sensors or smaller from Sony. I mean it has been Sony sensors that are leading the market now for 2 years.
I think it raises a few queations.
How long are we going to wait before Canon catch up and maybe takes the lead?
And also what do you as a photographer think is technical important in a camera?

missbrand's gear list:missbrand's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D3S Nikon D3X Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow