Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
larryj
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,811Gear list
Like?
DP1M files processed by Kendall's and Larry's Workflows
Oct 22, 2012

Here are a couple of files that Kendall shot during our trip to Rocky Mountain National Park on last Friday.  The following pairs of shots are processed first by my workflow and then by Kendall's workflow.  These tests were done with Kendall's raw files and his permission.

My workflow consists of adjusting the exposure in SPP and exporting to Lightroom to finish the PP.  I use neutral color and sunlight white balance.  In lightroom I set the white and black points and give a minor adjustments clarity, vibrance and saturation.  I then export the JPEG for web display.

Kendall's workflow for these images consists of processing in SPP and exporting the jpeg for posting on the web.  On these files Kendall just adjusted the exposure and added .3 pt adjustments of shadows and highlights.  Kendall uses neutral color and the auto white balance.

The difference really shows up on the photos of the stone church.  This is not to say one version is better than another, but that Kendall and I have different visions when looking at the same scene.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Sigma DP1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow