Is the X-E1 top and bottom made of metal?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Questions thread
Amnon G
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the X-E1 top and bottom made of metal?
In reply to Amnon G, Oct 22, 2012

I sent an e-mail to Fuji support.

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM North America Corporation. Please allow us to assist you. Please contact our Digital Imaging Technical Help Desk for complete assistance by dialing 1-800-800-3854 Option #1 and then Option #2 for Pro Digital. We have several agents and it would be their pleasure to assist you. 

I called and got a person who never saw an X-E1, but said that based on X100 and X-Pro1 he does have, he thinks that the silver would scratch as somewhat golden, and black show as silver.

Yes, I know, not much help, but here it is anyway.

My personal conclusion: The multitude of materials used was the decision point to take the black camera for some uniformity in look. The bottom line is that both will scratch if used and will show.

Lastly, I find the Fuji description on their site pretty funny:

Black

The black X-E1 allows the subject to forget about the camera and is therefore optimal for reportage work.

Silver

The silver X-E1's refined design and feel stands out among the X series and is great for casual occasions. It's perfect for women and the younger generation.

Where does marketing come up with these gems?

Amnon G's gear list:Amnon G's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow