GXR photos of classic truck

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
shnikus
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Re: GXR photos of classic truck
In reply to Ned-B, Oct 22, 2012

Appreciate your feedback. I'm looking forward to getting the 50mm, but I am really impressed with the GXR and 28mm...it's very sharp edge to edge. And I like its color rendering which from my DNG shots I've taken to date is very natural.

I think all A12 modules show similar colors, so if you like one, you should like the others. Some say that A16 zoom, while gaining a newer sensor, lost some of the "color magic" A12s have.

I'm going to concentrate on getting comfortable with the 28mm and 50mm first, and am looking forward to taking this outfit as my only camera gear on a little trip to the Caribbean in November.

I did exactly that on some recent trips I took. You will definitely appreciate how fast easy it is to switch modules while on the move, as opposed to switching conventional lenses. Most people don't realize it until they try

Your comment on preferring the A12 M mount has piqued my interest. I might have to try it out as I get more used to the GXR system.

It is definitely a "love or hate" scenario. You must enjoy focusing manually as a prerequisite.

shnikus's gear list:shnikus's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow