Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens lineup for moving from APS-C to FF
In reply to Sergio Porter, Oct 22, 2012

Sergio Porter wrote:

amd wrote:

Sergio Porter wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking into selling my 7D and EF-S lenses, and buying a 5D Mk III or 6D (will wait until proper reviews are published).

I mostly do travel/landscape, no sports.

<snip>

I either carry the first four, or the 15-85 alone. I'm happy with all of them, except for the horrible mechanical quality of the 55-250.

I'm thinking of replacing those lenses with:

• EF 16-35 f/2.8L II
  • EF 24-70 f/2.8L II
  • EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L
  • EF 50 f/1.4

I would like to hear your comments/suggestions/crticism of the proposed new lenses.

Best Regards,

Sergio

<snip>

Thanks for your comments. A couple more questions, since you seem to have made the jump I'm about to make:

1. Which body did you choose?
  2. Are you happy with what you got by moving to FF?

Thanks again,

Sergio

1. used 5D MK II that I got for ~1100€.  Leveraged the point where some guys jumped to the D800
  2. Way better image quality on everything. Don't listen to claims that on xyz the difference to crop factor is negligible! I always shot Canon ( eos 10, eos A2E), and this body delivers what I was missing. The only thing on the MK II I have to work around is the AF (using center point only). This is not an issue on the MK III though. Don't see how I would be happy with a 60D/7D, or the max shutter of the 6D...
 amd's gear list:amd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow