Moonset (FZ150)

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Baba Ganoush
Regular MemberPosts: 281Gear list
Like?
Re: Moonset (FZ150)
In reply to RevsCam, Oct 22, 2012

RevsCam wrote:

Actually that color is accurate. As the moon sets the colors get warmer and warmer, just as with a sunset.

Several years ago I was witness to a red moonset (!) while I was in French Polynesia.  I was in bed, sleeping in an overwater bungalow, when I was awakened by a bright light that was shining in my eyes.  It turned out to be the setting moon, which was then getting close to the western horizon.  Light from the moon and its long reflection off the water of the lagoon was shining through the open doorway and across the floor of the bungalow to where my bed was located.  Over the next 15 minutes or so (it's hard to tell time when you're half-asleep), I watched from my bed as the color of the moon turned from yellow to orange and then finally to an intense reddish-orange.  It was a unique sight, something I've never seen before or since.  Unfortunately I was too groggy to get out of bed to grab my camera and take a shot of the scene, because it would have made a fantastic picture.  However, I still have a vivid memory of the scene.

Baba Ganoush's gear list:Baba Ganoush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow