D600 sensor mark is back!

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
RicksAstro
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,471Gear list
Like?
Re: I just got my refund from Amazon
In reply to Dan, Oct 22, 2012

Dan wrote:

Now that is what I call excellent customer service! This experience could not have gone more smoothly. 100% refund with no return shipping cost, AND UPS came to my house to pick up the package. Amazon never lets me down.

Agreed on Amazon.    I've been treated horribly at Best Buy and even my local (well respected) B&M camera store when returning a defective item.   I spent well over an hour discussing with a Best Buy "manager" that my camera was defective (focus was horrible!).   Other times, I'd wait in a 20 minute "returns" line only to be re-directed to the 40 minute "geek squad" line, watching a guy debug PC after PC with viruses while I waited for them to verify I included all my cords and batteries with my return.

With Amazon, a few clicks, put it in the box and wait for UPS to pick it up...couldn't be easier!  No accusatory tone, no hassle.

And yes, I've gotten previously opened items from Best Buy and my local camera store.  Once time I bought a Tamron lens that has a Sigma cap on it.    I told them they sold me a not-new lens and they continued to deny it even after I showed them the cap (this was just minuted after the purchase).    I've never (to my knowledge) gotten a previously used item from Amazon.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow