ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BPB
BPB
Contributing MemberPosts: 632
Like?
Graphics Cards to Monitor Connections
Oct 22, 2012

I have been looking at graphics cards for photo editing, not game playing, and would appreciate some guidance on the methods of connections offered.

I need to use two monitors that can be independantly calibrated.

My first question is,

1) Is it necessary to have two seperate graphics cards in order to be able to achive independant monitor calibration?

My second question is,

2) I have looked at the specs of numerous graphics cards at all prices, and they seem to offer a rather mixed bag of monitor connection methods. Could somebody please clarify the advantages, disadvantages and differences of,  DVi-I, DVI-D, HDMI, PCIe 2.0, PCIe 3.0 and Display Port (DPort).

I am not sure if I should use something like,

2 off GIGABYTE GeForce GT 630 2048MB GDDR3 810MHz Core, 1620MHz Shader, 96 CUDA Cores, DVI-I, HDMI, VGA, PCIe 2.0 at a cost of £55 each, or

1 off GIGABYTE GeForce GT 640 OC 2048MB GDDR3 1050MHz Core, 2100MHz Shader, 384 CUDA Cores, 2 x DVI-D, HDMI, VGA, PCIe 3.0 at a cost of £83, or

1 off GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 650 1024MB GDDR5 1100MHz Core, 384 CUDA Cores, 1 x DVI-I,       1 x  DVI-D, HDMI, VGA, PCIe 3.0, at a cost of £95, or

1 off PNY Quadro NVS 295 for Display Port and DVI PCIe x16. Max Resolution 2560x1600, Max 2 Displays, 256MB GDDR3 Memory, 2 x DPort ( DVI supported through provided adapter ) at a cost of £130

I understand that I will need to buy a couple of new monitors and I gather through this Forum that I should consider IPS panel type monitors.

This graphic card set up is to be included in a new Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandybridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor based system.

All help and guidance appreciated.

Bryan (BPB)

Leica X1 Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow