Another repair part horror story from Thom today

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fella
Regular MemberPosts: 325
Like?
Re: Another repair part horror story from Thom today
In reply to fad, Oct 22, 2012

It's not just Nikon, here in the UK I can't buy a replacement part for the panasonic GH2, I need the rubber and plastic bit the goes around the evf, it is held in place with 2 plastic tabs and 2 small screws, very very easy to fit. but despite several emails and a phone call I've not been able to get the part, they insist I send the camera in for repair. The effect this is having on me is that I would not consider buying anything Panasonic in the future if this is their attitude and level of customer service. It beggars belief that they think that someone with the level of intelligence required to operate a camera, cannot operate a screwdriver!
I seriously hope Nikon USA wakes up and realises just how stupid this policy is, no working pro is going to appreciate being unnecessarily without his gear just for the sake of a part he or she is perfectly capable of changing and the longer the daft policy stays in place the more customers they will drive into their competitors hands.

-- hide signature --

Martin
www.martwilliams.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow