External mic possibilities for DMC-FZ150?

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrstangblb
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
External mic possibilities for DMC-FZ150?
Oct 22, 2012

I'd really appreciate info on what you think would be great external mic possibilities for the DMC-FZ150. Our church is looking at buying this camera to use for all kinds of still picture-taking, but even more so for the HD video recording since the reviews are really good.

I've done a lot of research over the last month trying to see what would be our best course of action, and for the money I think this is our best possibility. A dedicated camcorder wouldn't be our best bet because I need still picture capabilities, and for $500 or less I don't see many camcorder options that take good stills.

What I'm seeing is this economical Olympus ME-51S stereo mic might be a good one to use to allow me to set it up with an extension cable, but I'm wondering what you guys think. It's already a bit of a stretch to put $500 or so into the camera for us, so that's why I'd like to know what you might recommend. Is it possible to get good sound out of a 2.5mm stereo adapter into a 2.5mm to 3.5mm extension cable? Are these the correct kinds of products we should use? Or are there better solutions that are inexpensive?

This fellow's video review prompted me to think about the possibilities.

Thanks for ANY help you can give me!

Barry
----------------------
Philippians 4:13

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow