Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr_Beast
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
So I took the plunge and purchased myself a 5D mkIII
Oct 22, 2012

After saving for 3 years, reading waaaaay too many reviews, spending months procrastinating then reading more reviews, I was finally ready to purchase a 'proper' camera, a DSLR to upgrade from my humble Canon G9.

After looking at many cameras and every format I finally got my choice down to the 5D mkIII and the A99. (I looked at the D800 but it wasn't suited to my usual style of photography) I liked the forward thing tech on the Sony, but something about the Canon, with it's more traditional approach just felt 'safer' I have no idea why? This certainly is not me knocking Sony.

Needless to say, after reading multiple positive reviews back to back I finally hit the BUY button and ordered the Canon. 5D mkIII and 24014mm L kit lens. I've only had it a week, but damn what a camera! It is so good that even my purchase guilt (which i suffer from terribly on any purchase over £100) is starting to fade as I get to grips with my new toy/photographic tool.

Anyway, enough rambling - I thought I would share some of my images with you based on my first weeks experiences and minimal shooting opportunities...

400 ISO

5000 ISO

6400 ISO

12,800 ISO

20,000 ISO - in a rather dark room

800 ISO

1600 ISO

800 ISO

1600 ISO

I've noticed cats feature quite heavily on the comments around here, so I felt obliged to post these final 2 images

I hope you enjoyed the images. They are far from technically perfect but go some way to showing the IQ off in varying conditions. If you would like to view the images full size or like to see more sample shots (there are too many for one thread) then please feel free to visit my Flickr account to check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stumacher/sets/72157631790381285/

In the mean time, I would not hesitate in recommending this camera, it has exceeded my expectations considerably

P.S. Noise reduction was turned off and the only post I did in either LR 4.2 or PS CS5 involved sharpening or tweaking of levels/colour to suit my own personal preferences. No noise reduction.

-- hide signature --

I love taking photos and try to do so every day. Learning as I go.

Canon EOS 5D Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow