a65 Video Download confusion,...Help Needed

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,659
Like?
Re: a65 Video Download confusion,...Help Needed
In reply to Kilrah, Oct 22, 2012

Kilrah wrote:

When you film AVCHD, try NOT to use the 50/60p setting, but rather 50/60i or 24/25/30p.

50/60p is part of the new AVCHD 2.0 standard, and not everything supports it yet. That might be the case of the software you use that reads Panasonic files fine.

There were several good suggestions to fix my problem and I think all of them would have worked fine. Kilrah, your post seemed the quickest to try so I did at daylight this morning. I am now shooting AVCHD but have selected 60i at your suggestion, specifically 60i 17M (FH).

After shooting a test video with my new settings, I popped the memory card into my computer. The file loaded into Picasa and played smoothly, absolutely perfect. Step two was to try the card in my HD TV, which previously would only play MP4 video files. HOORAY! The new setup works fine on the TV and the files play beautifully.

Thanks again to everyone who responded. Great forum with thoughtful and savvy members!

Jack

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow