Help me to correctly understand what I'm doing wrong here....

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,190Gear list
Like?
Help me to correctly understand what I'm doing wrong here....
Oct 22, 2012

....regarding the inserting of images into a thread, that is.

OK - here goes.  I keep all of my own line images (that I link to) at Photobucket.com.  And as you know, it "used" to be that it was quite simple to display an image(s) in your posting by just copying the link (and putting a ".jpg" at the end) into the body of your posting.

Well, things have changed now.  For example, this is driving me up a wall and I absolutely hate it.

1.  OK, let's say I just posted a paragraph or two to begin a thread and I want to quickly insert images below those paragraphs.  The way it is now, I click on the "Insert/Edit Images from the Web" icon on the upper right hand side of the thread editor and then (in the window that pops up) I paste the linkto the image in there.

2.  But my dilemma (at least for me) is that when I click on insert, it places the images (and a gray text block underneath that image) at the very top of the edit page - in front of the paragraphs that I had typed.  And of course, every image I insert after that, places the image before the previous images (all in front of the text paragraphs I had typed - which I didn't want to happen).

3.  Then I have to cut and paste the images where I want them to be (below the paragraphs I had typed) - and then I try to delete all of the gray text comments blocks that are inserted with each image.  I do NOT want those text blocks.  All of this has turned into a nightmare for me and takes sooooo much more time (and frustration).

So in the end, all I want to do is to insert images where I want them to go (not all the way at the top in front of the paragraphs that I typed, and I do not want any accompanying gray comment text blocks.

This is driving me up a wall and I'm now reaching the point where I no longer desire to post.  Of course, this problem is in addition to the fact that the images loss 20-30% of their definition and color contrasts when just viewing them in a thread unless you click on the blue-colored "view original image" link below each photograph.

Help!!!!!!

-- hide signature --

Have a great one

Sincerely,
Ben Herrmann
North Carolina

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +26 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow