Help me to correctly understand what I'm doing wrong here....

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,995Gear list
Help me to correctly understand what I'm doing wrong here....
Oct 22, 2012

....regarding the inserting of images into a thread, that is.

OK - here goes.  I keep all of my own line images (that I link to) at  And as you know, it "used" to be that it was quite simple to display an image(s) in your posting by just copying the link (and putting a ".jpg" at the end) into the body of your posting.

Well, things have changed now.  For example, this is driving me up a wall and I absolutely hate it.

1.  OK, let's say I just posted a paragraph or two to begin a thread and I want to quickly insert images below those paragraphs.  The way it is now, I click on the "Insert/Edit Images from the Web" icon on the upper right hand side of the thread editor and then (in the window that pops up) I paste the linkto the image in there.

2.  But my dilemma (at least for me) is that when I click on insert, it places the images (and a gray text block underneath that image) at the very top of the edit page - in front of the paragraphs that I had typed.  And of course, every image I insert after that, places the image before the previous images (all in front of the text paragraphs I had typed - which I didn't want to happen).

3.  Then I have to cut and paste the images where I want them to be (below the paragraphs I had typed) - and then I try to delete all of the gray text comments blocks that are inserted with each image.  I do NOT want those text blocks.  All of this has turned into a nightmare for me and takes sooooo much more time (and frustration).

So in the end, all I want to do is to insert images where I want them to go (not all the way at the top in front of the paragraphs that I typed, and I do not want any accompanying gray comment text blocks.

This is driving me up a wall and I'm now reaching the point where I no longer desire to post.  Of course, this problem is in addition to the fact that the images loss 20-30% of their definition and color contrasts when just viewing them in a thread unless you click on the blue-colored "view original image" link below each photograph.

-- hide signature --

Have a great one

Ben Herrmann
North Carolina

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Canon PowerShot G12 Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X10 +33 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow