I photograph real estate. Which camera is appropriate.

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yescats
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
I photograph real estate. Which camera is appropriate.
Oct 22, 2012

I'm new to DSLR photography but have been using a point and shoot for many years as a Realtor. I also had a Minolta SRT Super many years ago and got pretty good at it. I want to take better photos of small rooms which means a wide angle lens. I like the Sony A65. A couple of the things I like is it hasĀ panorama, built in stabilization as well as other features Nikon, Canon and Pentax don't have. What I don't like is the screen doesn't swivel out to the side and it's not a full format. I don't want to spend more then $1000. IĀ need to save some money for the lenses.

I would eventually want to go pro. I bought a Nikon D4 and returned it because it had a Hong Kong warrantee (they swore over the phone it would be a US model). But I felt I was jumping the gun anyway. My reasoning is the Sony would work well for real estate and give me some knowledge for when I'm ready for a pro camera like the D4.

1) Being that I will need a very short lens for bathroom shots is it a mistake not to get a full frame format camera? Does Sony have a reasonably priced (any recommendations?) short lens that would take good shots of very small spaces?

2) Being that I eventually would like to get a pro level camera am I barking up the wrong tree with the Sony? I assume I would buy a Nikon or Canon if I go pro.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Cat

Nikon D4 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow