ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YouDidntDidYou
Senior MemberPosts: 1,576
Like?
Panasonic 8mm MAJOR PROBLEMS!
Oct 22, 2012

hi 
I've been shoot professionally with Panasonic for 6 years, a couple of moths ago I purchased the Panasonic 8mm (I've owned the Olympus 8 mm since 2008 and have been using that succesfully on my GH1 since 2009 with upto date firmware)...
When I use the Pansonic 8mm in mixed lighting conditions or high contrast situations especially when there are large amounts of one colour it TOTALLY,TOTALLY,TOTALLY MUCKS UP THE COLOUR RENDITION image no 2 has the blue channel missing!!!!! can't be fixed :-[
image no 4 the dresses are supposed to be purple not black!!!!! can't be fixed :-[
This problem has NEVER happened when using the Olympus 8mm.

accurate white balance taken with a Panasonic L10 and Leica 25mm (before proofing)

taken within same minute on a GH1 with 8mm no blue channel,can not be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes the bridesmaids dresses are accurately purple using Panasonic L10 and Leica 25mm :-]

GH1 and Panasonic 8mm - bridesmaids dresses have been turned jet black, can't be fixed!!!

any ideas???

-- hide signature --

living life to the Four Thirds!
http://www.mftuser.com/

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow