amd
amd
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens lineup for moving from APS-C to FF
In reply to Sergio Porter, Oct 22, 2012

Sergio Porter wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking into selling my 7D and EF-S lenses, and buying a 5D Mk III or 6D (will wait until proper reviews are published).

I mostly do travel/landscape, no sports.

<snip>

I either carry the first four, or the 15-85 alone. I'm happy with all of them, except for the horrible mechanical quality of the 55-250.

I'm thinking of replacing those lenses with:

• EF 16-35 f/2.8L II
  • EF 24-70 f/2.8L II
  • EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L
  • EF 50 f/1.4

I would like to hear your comments/suggestions/crticism of the proposed new lenses.

Best Regards,

Sergio

Moved from a 20D to full frame ~6 months ago, with a similar situation.
I want to make sure my wife keeps using my equipment.

That's why I bought the 70-300L, and purely for my personal pleasure a used 200L II prime.
We tried the 70-200L II, and it was immediately clear that it was way to heavy for my wife.

I also have the 50 1.4, and I am very pleased with the results, however on the FF my favorite portrait lens is now the 100 f2.8 L IS. 
I am extremely happy with these choices, and now looking to get a mint used 28-70 L, as I was not overly pleased with the 24-105L... 
So your choice mostly looks like my choice, with the exception of the 16-35, where I still have the old Tokina 20-35 f2.8. While I'd like to get rid of the Tokina, I'm still undecided on where to go the WW side. I don't see how the price tag of the 16-35 would be justified compared to what it delivers, and may end up with a 24L and a 35L instead ...

Good luck and happy shooting!

amd's gear list:amd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow