Which Printer

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Questions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,769Gear list
Like?
Re: Which Printer
In reply to Tony Mapping, Oct 22, 2012

Tony Mapping wrote:

MY wife atays home, but, I doubt she would remember or bother every week. Too must hastle.

A previous post mentioned "Dye Sub" and yes I only want the printer for producing prints of my best photos. Any advice on "Dye Sub"

-- hide signature --

tonymapping

Hi Tony,

The Dye Sub printers use a completely different print technology and there is no print head to clog.  The down size is that you are locked into a very limited number of paper sizes and finishes and if you want to print bigger than 6x4 cost is a major factor too.

I currently have a Canon Selphy 800 which is basically an introduction to the technology but the print quality is great and I can leave it for months at a time between prints with no issues - I am now looking for the next step and am trying to work out which is more important to me volume when I need it or size of each print - I have a Canon 9000 II for contact sheets, proofing and larger prints - then outsource anything larger than A3+  I wouldn't want the leave the inkjet idle for months at a time though.

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow