Generic EN-EL15 Batteries (D7000 Battery)

Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?
Re: Generic EN-EL15 Batteries (D7000 Battery)
In reply to herbymel, Oct 22, 2012

herbymel wrote:

Sorry for $48 I'd rather have the security in knowing the battery isn't going to have some sort of malfunction and short out the camera I just spent over $1000 for. I can only see myself needing one extra. If I need to make a "stand" for something, I'll find something more useful.

What if you want to carry 6 batteries?

Has anyone actually got any examples of 3rd party batteries having died and taken out a Nikon camera? I've been using them extensively. Some last a little less than the Nikon originals, but others seem to last a little longer. Other than that no issues. Been using after market ENEL3 on the D70/D70S, then ELEN3e on the D90 for almost a decade now. Never had one die unexpectedly. Never had one deform in or out of the camera. Never had one refuse to charge. Certainly never had one catch fire or explode....and here's the thing I haven't read any horror stories about this happening either - just a lot of people quoting that there is a danger. I did a quick search and found not one incident.

I also note there was a Nikon battery recall at one point. So I don't know how much safer you actually are.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow