Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
six34sigma
Senior MemberPosts: 1,007Gear list
Like?
Capture NX2 - Where do I go from here
Oct 22, 2012

Have and use capture NX2. In my opinion its amazing with Nikon RAW. Like the way it saves versions vs. a new file in .jpg or .tiff. But do not see Nikons ability to maintain and progress with NX2, especially after Googles purchase of Nik software.

So that leaves me with a few options:

1. Buy and use Nik software bundle.

2. Use LR 4.

3. Have Aperture. I own this but admit to not knowing how to use it particularly well and I believe Nik software works as a plug in to Aperture or Lightroom.

4. Also have DXO Optics Pro 7

A. Photoshop is out, its too expensive.

B. Elements 10 ..... don't know but it seems like iPhoto would be as good an option. Know Elements 10 does more but ....

What I want to do is this, do some basic corrections to photos, WB, exposure, crop, red eye (or blue eye in the case of the dog), lighten or darken under or over exposed portions of photos, color correction and would like to dabble in HDR.

If you were in my shoes, average to decent user of NX2 what would you do? Stay with NX2, use one of 1 through 4, something else. Can download trial versions of all of the software but want to limit my exposure to the bottom of the learning curve for all of these options. So this question is to narrow constraints.

Appreciate your feedback.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Sanjay

six34sigma's gear list:six34sigma's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow