Amidst all of the K-5 II and IIs excitement I decided to opt for the K-5...... Very pleased so far.

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sgtsween
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Amidst all of the K-5 II and IIs excitement I decided to opt for the K-5...... Very pleased so far.
Oct 22, 2012

I was in the market for a DSLR and was going to wait for the K-5II, but I ultimately decided that I'd be better off getting a new K-5 and 50-200 mm lens for less than what I would have paid for a K-5 II body by itself. I'm new to Pentax DSLRs so it seemed like a good place to start. As far as I can tell, the IQ doesn't seem to be a huge improvement in the II, and I'm smitten with AF speed after shooting mostly with a Fuji X100 and Oly E-PL1. Took it out for a spin to see how it will fare as a birding camera and I'm extremely pleased with the results. Accompanying photo was shot in Green Mode, with simple cropping/sharpening afterwards in Aperture.

I love this camera!

Maybe I'll upgrade to the K-5 III (or mythical Pentax FF) in a few years, but I'm good for now!

K-5 test shot.

sgtsween's gear list:sgtsween's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow