Need more color? (CC)

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark H U
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Re: Need more color? (CC)
In reply to C Hutton, Oct 22, 2012

C Hutton wrote:

If you're using full flash for your shots then you don't need a gray card. Just change your white balance setting to flash. Or you can change it after taking the shot in PP. Either way, white balance is very easy if you only rely on flash for your shots.

For the first image, you’re shooting a semi-translucent green insect against a green leaf so you can’t really expect to make the insect pop out. On the second image, the insect looks underexposed to me. Adjusting the exposure will fix that. You may want to just isolate the insect because the white underside of the leaf will probably have blown highlights if you adjust exposure for the whole image.

You may also want to make a better diffuser.  Your lighting looks a bit harsh and softer lighting will help you get more pleasing colors.

Hi Colin,

I use full flash, and I think it was set to flash, but can't remember if I reduced the flash. My exif shows "auto Flash Comp: -1.0 EV" as well.

Your right about the second image, have another one but thought it was over exposed. I could not add it to show you because there was an error un uploading to my gallery. I get this error alot.

I hope to get a commercial diffuser some day, thanks for your feedback.

ps I'll have a look at your web site when I get time.

regards Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow