Question about a computer

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Collette
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,732Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about a computer
In reply to GegeNY, Oct 21, 2012

While I suspect you already know this, the all-in-one computers (not just HP) use laptop components.  In essence, it's a laptop with a large monitor.  I say this because it severely limits the expandability of the system.  For example, the system only has 2 memory slots, whereas most desktops have 4 and a few have 8.  I doubt that it's possible to add a second hard drive, and I doubt that you can easily change the graphics card should the need arise.

I'm not trying to discourage you from buying the system, just making sure that you know what you're getting.  Overall the specs look decent.  The display almost certainly uses a TN panel which isn't the best type for photographic work.  The biggest problem (in my opinion) with a TN panel is that the gamma can change significantly depending upon the vertical viewing angle.  Even if you calibrate the display with a hardware calibrator, if the viewing angle isn't 90 degrees, the gamma will likely be different from the calibration value.

Bob Collette's gear list:Bob Collette's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow