What's worse, marketing or the people influenced by marketing?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,494Gear list
Like?
Re: What's worse, marketing or the people influenced by marketing?
In reply to Sean Nelson, Oct 21, 2012

Sean Nelson wrote:

Mike Ronesia wrote:

All I'm saying is it is possible to get far without all the self promoting hype if you're good.

So if you build a better mousetrap the world will beat a path to your door?

It may just be a reflection on the paucity of real innovation, but that seems to be much more the exception than the rule.

I didn't say it was extremely rare, but the post I quoted stated it as absolute and I was just saying there are exceptions. Coffee is also a different animal and products with a shelf life expectancy of a year or two require marketing without a doubt.

I personally hate advertising and there are more products I boycott because of ad's then there are I purchase because of them. People that spend time on these types of forums are most likely willing to do the research to make an informed decision and not be sucked in by marketing is my guess.

-- hide signature --

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow