ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lordbeau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141
Like?
D7000 AF perfect - FINALLY
Oct 21, 2012

(Sent to D300s forum by mistake):

The good news is that following a RE-REPAIR, my D7000 is now focusing perfectly. It is spot-on with all lenses, just as my D300s is (and D700 was). To remind, it was backfocusing so was sent to Nikon's UK agent, Johnsons Photopia, as they are the only agent who appear on the pre-payment label, if you don't want to pay the postage to send your camera to Nikon (they have several agents in the UK). Unfortunately, when the camera came back, it was front-focusing horribly - really quite ridiculously. I thus paid to send it in to Nikon at Richmond and it has returned like a new camera.

The morals:

- Don't send to Johnsons Photopia, despite the free postage - just send straight to Nikon at Richmond.

- If you're not happy with the D7000 AF, send it to Nikon at Richmond if you arein the UK as the D7000 AF should be spot-on and almost on a par with the D7000.

I've no idea why I spent three months with dodgy focus on the D7000 but I suppose it took me a while to accept that it could be improved - and indeed it has been decisively.

Nikon D300S Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow