Sony Nex-5N with LA-EA2 and 16-50mm f2.8 DT

Started Dec 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
martinsvanags
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony Nex-5N with LA-EA2 and 16-50mm f2.8 DT
In reply to tbyork2010, Oct 21, 2012

Hi,

I noticed the same lag with Minolta 50mm f1,7 lens. It some sort of miscalculation i guess, perhaps we should wait for firmware update on LA-EA2, 'couse it's clearly electronics bug.

It anyoes of course, but there is only a problem with it when shooting moving objects.

tbyork2010 wrote:

Hi.

I bought the 16-50mm f2.8 lens to use with my Nex-5N and LA-EA2. I have noticed that there is vignetting in the corners at 16mm f2.8, which tells me that the Nex-5N firmware does not do auto correction for this lens and LA-EA2 combination; I leave mine turned to auto camera lens correction for all three. Can others confirm this finding?

Also, I notice that when the lens is not used at maximum aperture, that after I press the shutter button down that there is a slight lag while the aperture blades close down (first click) followed by the shot and the second click of the shutter. Have others experienced this as well? I'm finding that this loses the benefit of electronic first shutter of the camera.

BT

martinsvanags's gear list:martinsvanags's gear list
Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow