Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,636Gear list
Like?
Flash for a beginner
Oct 21, 2012

I'll admit to being a complete beginner at flash photography. It's possibly the one aspect of photography I really do know virtually nothing about. I've always been fascinated by it though and think it produces beautiful results so am keen to learn.

To this end I've started reading the strobist and it has become quite clear that to get any decent results I need an off camera flash (hardly a revalation tbh).

I'm not really sure what to get though. I don't want to blow the bank for what is essentially a bit of a play but I want it to be powerful/advanced enough that i can still get decent results. So I'm looking to spent around £100 and would like TTL exposure on my GH2 as well as the option of using it as a manual slave (I think that's the term I mean).

I've heard good things about the quality of Metz products so the Metz 50 AF-1 coming in at around £130 seems like a good choice. Any shouts of disagreement or options for getting more for my money/recommendatiosn.

Cheers

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow