Bangkok visit. Which lenses/camera's to take???? Help

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: Bangkok visit. Which lenses/camera's to take???? Help
In reply to Kim van Heuven, Oct 21, 2012

Hi all,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. It remains a tough decision though :).

I will definitely take the Nex-7 with the Zeiss 24mm 1.8 lens with me for casual walking around. I really like the image quality of this set but the ISO and AF accuracy is no where close to the 1DX. But than, it's easy to walk around with. For for the low light situations, it's probably not so good.

I will take the Canon with me as well but perhaps the 70-200 2.8 IS is overkill. I'm athletic build and sport a lot, but I do feel the weight after a long day walking around with the 70-200 2.8 II. (I do have the original strap though). But I'm crazy about the imagine quality especially at 2.8. It's stunning. I don't have a problem with the weight of the 1DX with a smaller lens. Maybe I should just buy the 135 f2 for travel as from what I've read, it's equally good or even better than the 70-200 II. And it's lighter and less obtrusive.

On the wide end I haven't decided yet. Off course the 24mm 1.8 Zeiss is nice on the NEX-7 but like to get something for the Canon for low light and where I can trust the AF. Although I would love a fast wide prime I'm not sure if it's worth the extra image quality over the flexibility of a zoom lens on a holiday.

For general walk around would you recommend the 16-35 2.8 II or the new 24-70 2.8 II?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow