Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,175Gear list
Like?
A question on infrared photography
Oct 21, 2012

I`ve been shooting IR for a number of years now, first with a converted 20D and lately with a converted 450D. I now want to get one of my spare cameras converted to a 590 ir filter. Either an old 5d2 or my not used 1dsmk1. when I look back at the images between the 20D vs 450D then the 20d images are sharper and more detailed and that`s why I am considering the 1ds where the pixels are large and hopefully would produce images more detailed than the 5d2. I know that the 5d2 has the benefit of live view but with something like my 17-40 on board I don`t see much need for live view focussing. Certainly the 20D and 10-22 combo work well as just AF.

So! anyone ever had a 1ds converted? or any other advice?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow