Luminous Landscape Fuji X-E1 Review

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
threeOh
Regular MemberPosts: 325
Like?
Re: Luminous Landscape Fuji X-E1 Review
In reply to ispress, Oct 21, 2012

ispress wrote:

Can any current XP1 owners comment on the focus-point adjustment issue he describes?

The other design shortcoming is a harder fix and relates to the placement of the AF button, at the back bottom left of the camera.  One of the pleasures of working with an EVF is the ability to focus pretty much anywhere in the field of view.  The catch is that to change the focus-point, one has to press the AF button. With the camera to one’s face, this is hard to do.  I kept shoving my left thumb up my nose.  In a perfect world, the ‘move the focus point’ function could be activated by pressing a button somewhere on the front of the camera with the left hand, while scrolling the focus-point with the four-way controller with the right. All while the camera remains at eye level.

Focus and recompose. Faster, simpler.  Unless you're shooting with a tripod in which case use the rear display.   My guess is they were doing studio shots with a tripod and noticed this. I never use a tripod and have no use for moving a little box around a focus screen while trying to hold the camera steady, fiddling with controls and hoping the subject does not change in the process.

The only time I could see what they point out as a shortcoming would be tripod mounted landscape photography in bright sunlight where the rear display may be a problem. Landscape photographers know the drill and I don't think the comment was even worth publishing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow