Aargh! S800c is crippled for android developers!

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Claghorn
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Aargh! S800c is crippled for android developers!
Oct 21, 2012

A lot of people wondered what good an android camera was. To me, it was obvious that armies of android developers would start churning out innovative and original apps that would make android cameras sell like hotcakes :-).

Unfortunately Nikon has hidden half the camera from developers. The standard Android Camera API is available, but you can't get to all the camera features. Most annoying is that you can only take 8 MP pictures via the standard Camera API (3264x2448), the 16 MP supported by the custom Nikon camera app (4608x3456) is not listed as an available image size.

Hey Nikon! You missed the point of having android on your camera!

If there is some technical reason you couldn't integrate all the features into the standard API calls (which I could believe), at least provide an SDK with a NikonCamera class we can link into our apps to get to all the camera features.

My full ramblings about this camera can be found at: http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/hardware/nikon/nikon.html

Nikon Coolpix S800c
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow