Of fanboys and AF.

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
karlreed
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
Re: Of fanboys and AF, and, how does the X-Pro1 do for moving targets.. from a Contax G1 user..
In reply to Mr Gadget, Oct 21, 2012

Hi,

Arnold's comments were very helpful indeed. As someone who owned a Contax G1, with 28mm,45mm and 90mm lenses, I simply loved that camera.

I now run a D700, and, find it pretty good. However, whenever i see or handle an X-Pro1, I need to hide my credit card! They really are things of beauty!

But, I can't afford to spend money on another system, unless it meets my needs for sports photography. From what I read, the X-Pro1 would ACQUIRE a target pretty quickly, and track it until the first frame, but, after that, focus is fixed. So, If I am shooting a moving target, I will have a problem. The D700 and many other camera will do this with ease, as we all know.  So to does the Panasonic G1X, which will track quite nicely at 4fps.

Does anyone have experience with the X-Pro1 with sports shooting?

Karl

-- hide signature --

Karl reed

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow