Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gadgets
Regular MemberPosts: 299
Like?
RX100 Fragile battery door lock
Oct 21, 2012

I charge my battery and upload my images outside of all my cameras, RX100 included.
I just noticed how fragile the battery door latching mechanism is.  Just a couple of tiny plastic tabs.  Being that I'm constantly opening this door I don't know how long this is going to last before I break it.  My main concern is if you accidentally have the locking tab in the 'lock' position when attempting to close the door then the tabs may break off.
This is my first Sony, don't know if this is similar to other Cybershots so just wanted to give heads up to others who also may be unaware.  I noticed this happened to someone's TX5:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3282642

The door appears to be easily replaceable but don't know where I'd get that part, or if i'd have to send it in for repairs and be without a camera.

Anyways, just be careful, this seems like a weak point.  I guess this is one reason to use the in-camera charging -- people have complained about the flimsy charging port cover, but I'd rather break that off then have my battery door dangling.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow