Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AxelM45
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Nex7 1.01 with 35/1.8 and 10-18/4 samples
Oct 21, 2012

Went today to a photo expo in Montreal and had the chance to try these new lenses on my nex7 body that I had just updated.The sony guy at the desk was really friendly and interesting, and he let me know that there was more lenses coming this spring but that he didn't know which one yet.  I know these sample shots are not that great, I only used them for 2-3 minutes each without walking that far. The photos were very lightly processed in lightroom from raw, with no fixing on corner applied at all.

First the 35/1.8 at 1.8 and 3.5 on a wonderful sony wall. We can see some vignetting at 1.8 and pretty clean image when step up at 3.5

Now some quick sample image

And then after I played a little with the 10-18. I'm strongly impressed by the built of the lenses, it's lightness and compactness and the fact that corners don't have that stong of a magenta cast at all.

Finally, 2 photos with a the model at the booth, 1 at 10 and the other at 18

Overall, strongly impressed by the quality of the lenses, and to see also that they work really well with the nex-7. Also the focus on the 35/1.8 seemed to me much improved on the 50/1.8, can't say about the 24/1.8 since I never used it.

Just wanted to shared my finding, sorry for my english (I'm french)

AxelM45's gear list:AxelM45's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow