Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
4thnebula
Senior MemberPosts: 1,743Gear list
Like?
Usefulness of a Square Sensor
Oct 20, 2012

I would like to put a different twist on the usefulness of a square sensor though I would expect many have discussed this.  I am very much looking forward to the day when full frame sensors with mirroless cameras are the norm.  With mirrorless, optical viewfinders will no longer be needed and technological advances in EVFs will eliminate the need for optical viewfinders as well.  This would be a good time to go to square full frame sensors since with mirroless full frame lense mounts may also change needing new lenses (though todays lenses may work with full frame 36mm square sensors-not sure).  A major advantage to square fullframe, along with added resolultion would be, to me, the use of a titling LCD displat like the one on my Olympus EPL-3 (my favorite type of non-fixed LCDs).  The titling LCD with a square sensor would allow for optimum use of the sensor since the camera would be able to always be held at the horizontal position.

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Canon EOS 6D +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow