Tootsall
Senior MemberPosts: 1,164Gear list
Like?
Re: Awful pics using the flash in FZ150
In reply to bimbobo, Oct 20, 2012

bimbobo wrote:

The exif info are here..

This how IA mode took the pics..

I tried 100 and 200 ISO and but not 0.66EV as it was already too harsh when I tried in A P S mode.

I used also Spot and Center metering and not Multi Segment but the issue was the "light" not the focus imho. So maybe somebody can explain simply what is wrong.

-- hide signature --

Ignorant photograph beginner

Bimbobo, something I just noticed about your information: when I switch my FZ150 from P/A/S/M to iA, the ev always reverts to 0.  Did you crank up the ev in iA to 0.66 deliberately?  That could explain the blowouts.  I never use iA and always have my ev set at -0.33 or -0.66 (unless using ev bracketing or am in very dim light and don't want to use the flash)...when using flash I stay with a negative ev setting and, depending upon how much flash I need, adjust the flash intensity instead.  If I am in a large space (read "longer distance to subject") I may crank up the ev (less than +1) and the flash into positive territory.   I leave ISO at 100 most of the time but if light is lower (and no flash being used) then I'll go on auto ISO with max = 200 or 400 (mostly depends on where I used it last!).

-- hide signature --

"Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it." - Winston Churchill

Tootsall's gear list:Tootsall's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Canon PowerShot D10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow