Back focus issues with old minolta AF lenses from ebay?

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wik2kassa
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Back focus issues with old minolta AF lenses from ebay?
Oct 20, 2012

Hi,

According to my little knowledge back-focus issues can root from calibration errors on  either the body or the lens. I'm thinking of ordering a a57 body and a minolta 50/1.7 from ebay. But i'm concerned about my copies having back/front focus issues (I am paranoid aren't I?) How often do such things happen? Has things like that happened to you guys?

I'm in Sri Lanka and there are no local Sony dealers. Only a good Canon dealer and a sucky Nikon dealer. Is going for a Canikon instead a good idea considering warranty and other after sales stuff? Is the risk minimal enough so I can go on with my original plan?

I was attracted to sony because of their SLT design and the ability to use legacy lenses with AF support which I cannot get with other brands.

Right now I will be doing a lot of portrait photography & interview videos. Those will be my main uses for the camera.

You ideas and suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow