About to pull the trigger on the D600 - No major issues I see with it according to this forum?

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bryan Cady
Regular MemberPosts: 203
Like?
About to pull the trigger on the D600 - No major issues I see with it according to this forum?
Oct 20, 2012

I've been lurking for about a month here.  I'm a D70 owner for 7+ years and I figure I will catapult to the D600 since the D400 isn't going to be appearing anytime soon and I like the idea of bumping up to FX at this this price.  I'm looking at getting the kit 24-85 lens with the camera.  I also have the full frame 28-200mm that I got with my D70 long ago.  I do mainly landscapes I don't really need that much of a zoom for most stuff.

Anyway, from reading the board, I see more  positive response for a new camera this early in the production stage than I am use to, which I'm happy to see.

Only two things that seem to be an issue are:

1.  Nikon put too much oil on the mechanisms around the sensor so some people are getting oil dots but this is fixable if you know how to clean the sensor properly.

2. NikonUSA service sucks.  (Not looking to jump ship just yet from Nikon) so it is an issue I would be dealing with if I got any of their cameras.

Am I missing anything else that might be a deal breaker.  If so, I haven't seen it on the boards.

Bryan

Nikon D40 Nikon D600 Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow