Pentax X-5 image samples?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
dragra
Senior MemberPosts: 1,133Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax X-5 image samples?
In reply to 2005magnum, Oct 20, 2012

My premise was same as yours, I wanted something more casual as dSLR to shoot with. I've looked at the superzoom class for a while but discovered nothing interesting there. X-5 catched my interest at it's launch, the specs were right, so I jumped on.

Comparing to Fuji X10 you lose RAW but you gain an extremely stretched lens which is respectably wider and also quite much longer. You gain some more pixels but you (probably) also gain some more comparable noise at same ISO. Further you lose the optical viewfinder but you gain the lovely flip/tilt screen which makes a lot of awkward shoot angles possible.

I've had some AF glitches with the X-5 so far, but I hope I can sort this problems out. I like the X-5 very much, it brings more casual joy to shooting as dSLR does. X-5 is not so serious but you can make serious things with it - if you want to.

See private message for X-5 image samples.

cheers,
d

-- hide signature --

tell me what your 3 favorite lenses are - and I'll tell you what kind of a photographer you are...

dragra's gear list:dragra's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Pentax X-5 Pentax K20D Pentax K-r Pentax K-30 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow