vanishing prairie subject

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Maraya
Regular MemberPosts: 492
Like?
Re: vanishing prairie subject
In reply to Windancer, Oct 20, 2012

Windancer wrote:

Very nice image Barb. I do like the applied texture.

Here are 2 of mine, one was taken at Stoney Beach with a D300 c/w 17-55/2.8 lens and the other one was taken at Willows, Saskatchewan with a D300 c/w 17-55/2.8 lens.

I have been photographing some of the Elevators still standing in Saskatchewan, but as I said before they are coming down at an alarming rate: http://www.pbase.com/windancer/elevators

Terry

-- hide signature --

Graham Fine Art Photography
http://www.pbase.com/windancer
Remember, it's not the CPU that's in your camera that makes great images, it's the one located about 4" behind the viewfinder that does.
Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended to impart a sense of humor. Given e-mail's inability to carry inflections, tone and facial expressions it may fail miserably in its intent. The sender acknowledges the limitations of the technology and assigns to the software in which this message was composed any ill feelings that may arise.

Hi Terry,  I share your sentiments.  I am very sad to see the prairie grain elevators disappearing so quickly.  Thank you for posting those two.  I think my fav from your gallery is the one from Indian Head.  Although it is in winter, that is for me the prairies.

I also see in your shots that many farmers have taken over the elevators and have kept them up.  That is the case here too.  It seems the little towns can keep going and even thrive for the business and traffic the elevator or auction or both bring in.  Here is another I did of the Stavely Alberta Wheat Pool elevator which is now owned by the Husted Farms.  It is in great shape and Stavely seems OK...it even has a hotel and good looking town office.

Husted Farms Elevator, Stavely Alberta

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow