Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
welshman2004
Regular MemberPosts: 279
Like?
UK photography on private property
Oct 20, 2012

I was asked to get shots of a variety of buildings including a shopping centre. The shopping centre denied me access to take photographs and I went on my way. Further down the road I started taking shots from what I thought was public highway. Unfortunately it turned out to be part of the shopping centre that I had already been refused permission. I was approached by a security guard who told me to delete my photos. I was mortified at my mistake and I apologised profusely but refused to delete the photos. Another 2 guards were called to put pressure on me. I suggested they call the Police as I would not delete any photos. After a 15-20 minute confrontation with the guards I decided that it would be in my interest to delete 6 pics as I didn't really need them and I had work to finish off and I was running out of time and light. My car was also in their car park and I was on their property.

I have no problem not being allowed to take photos and as a pro I respect their views and the Law. However does anyone know if the shopping centre guards were entitled to demand I delete my photos? I am curious to know what could have happened if I stood my ground and the Police arrived?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow