Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dragra
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140Gear list
Like?
X-5 can't focus issue
Oct 20, 2012

Slowly approaching the 1.000th shot, I quite like the X-5. I love the form factor, the loooo... oong zoom and the level of customization options.

My one and only gripe is this: X-5 simply won't focus at certain light situations and at certain zoom position. I am not talking low light here, I'm also not meaning some action shots or anykind else tricky shots. I mean very simple static situations with a plenty of light and contrast in the scene. I also don't expect wonders in the extreme far range of the lens. My focusing problems occur at 1.5x and 1.8x zoom range, which is near bottom end.

I'm expecting the X-5's AF to perform same way (or better) than my old Canon Powershot A640 (from 2006). But the problem is: it doesn't! I've already missed a couple of shots because of this and slowly it's getting frustrating. I've got another X-5 sample to sort this problem out, but I wonder if there are any X-5 users having similar problems with the AF? Anyone?

cheers,
d

-- hide signature --

tell me what your 3 favorite lenses are - and I'll tell you what kind of a photographer you are...

dragra's gear list:dragra's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Pentax X-5 Ricoh WG-M1 Pentax K20D Pentax K-r +9 more
Canon PowerShot A640 Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow