OM-D with Lumix lenses -

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
zenit_b
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D with Lumix lenses -
In reply to tom60634, Oct 20, 2012

tom60634 wrote:

As of now there are NO panasonic or olympus profiles offered by Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop or Camera Raw.

I am guessing this is because the lens specific distortion correction information has been encoded RW2 file (i.e raw file) by the camera.  So Lightroom etc dont need a lens profile - they just read the raw file and pick up the correction that should be applied to the image directly from that.  New lens ?  No updates required because the new distortion info will be picked up by the camera from the new lens and passed on to the raw convertor in the raw image file...

Wheras the separate lens profiles WOULD be used if the user had an old Canon camera like my EOS 350D that doesnt put the distortion info in the raw file...just puts in the lens name.         Does that sound reasonable ?

(health warning: I'm using All Panasonic with Silkypix so I am literally guessing at what lightroom etc do, but keen to know the answer if anyone can clarify  ?)

zenit_b's gear list:zenit_b's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 350D Nikon D100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow