ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry251
Contributing MemberPosts: 587Gear list
Like?
Question about selling 5N
Oct 20, 2012

OK, please get out your crystal balls 

I purchased a 5N and am still not quite sure how I feel about it.  Some things I love, a few others a little less so.  I think the NEX 6 fills in the gaps, but there are trade-offs there as well.  Actually, the Panasonic G5 probably comes closest to satisfying my "wish list," but I prefer the smaller NEX form factor and am not sure I want to give up the low light and dynamic range advantage.

Anyway, assuming I stay with the NEX family, I can return my 5N and buy a NEX 6 when it comes out, but I am hesitant to do that because I would prefer to see the reviews on the 6 and give some time for any bugs to be worked out (hopefully there won't be any) before I jump on board.  Also, it may turn out that I am more than satisfied with the 5N if I buy an EVF and use it for a while and see no need to get the 6.

I purchased the 5N at what I believe was a very good price during the clearance to make way for the 5R ($439 at Beach Camera).  I also figure that if I buy an EVF, I could resell it down the road if I didn't need it anymore.  My (somewhat impossible to answer) question is if I were to keep the 5N and decide to sell it and the EVF in, say, 6 months or so to purchase a NEX 6 (or something else), how much of a financial hit do you think I might be faced with?

Of course, the ability to use the 5N in the meantime is worth something to me also and, who knows, maybe I will decide to keep it as a second body.

Thanks in advance for any prescience (or thoughts) you may have. 

Larry251's gear list:Larry251's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow