Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,568
Like?
D800/E & Mac Minimum Computer Specs
Oct 20, 2012

(thought it best to post here in the D800 forum instead of the MAC forum) - I'm investigating a purchase of a D800/D800E (upgrading from a D700 and D300 combo). Noted reviewers have cautioned us to consider whether our computer hardware is up to the task of handling the large NEF files, possible memory card upgrades, external HD backups, etc. in order to determine what the overall cost of a D800 camera upgrade would be. Good advice as unexpected costs could push the final number well over 5K.

So, I'm asking you D800/E users who are also MAC users (Mac users only) if my mid-2010 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.8.2, 2.66 gHz, core i7, 8gb RAM, Nvidia GT 330 512 mb video ram, images viewed on a 24 inch calibrated LED monitor can handle the processing. A note: I generally do not do multi-image batch processing. I'm retired and I'm a hobbyist. As such tinkering with the images in Aperture 3.4.1 and NX 2.3.1 one by one is what I do until it's time for pre-dinner vino. Am in store for any unpleasant computer-related surprises if I buy a D800/E?

Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow