Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dreemer
Regular MemberPosts: 204Gear list
Like?
Re: no guarantee
In reply to CFynn, Oct 20, 2012

CFynn wrote:

Dreemer wrote:

It appears the same is true if you link to a photo on a photo hosting site. I linked to one of my images on photobucket then deleted the image from photobucket, but its still here on this thread http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3281497#forum-post-50040964 (the enlarged avatar), i may have copyright but i seem to have lost control over it, (not good).

If you post an image almost anywhere on the web and later delete it, chances are it will still be available on some internet archive site - or, if it is in any good, that some people will have already copied it.
There is no guarantee of being able to really delete any words you post on the web and  similarly no guarantee of being able to really delete any pictures you post on the web.

Of course, unless you have transferred copyright, then legally you still retain copyright to your words and image

All you state is true and i understand that, but Dpreview moved the goalposts. Its not so much that they did it but that there was no forewarning, posters need to know how much control they have of any image they post on Dpreview, if they know how the system works they can make a choice.

Having said this……

Scott Everett (Dpreview admin) wrote:

We are working on a fix for this oversight

Hopefully it will soon be sorted

SteveMi

-- hide signature --

Dreemer's gear list:Dreemer's gear list
Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ManyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow