Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,170Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma DP2M Vs the Sony A77
In reply to Domolo, Oct 20, 2012

Domolo wrote:

I can't agree...
A painter uses specific colours, each choice is function of chromatic ratios and expressive will.
The materic part of the work comes later. First of all, for a correct reproduction of a painting, a camera must be faithfull to the colour choosed by the painter.
If I use a Veronese green instead of a Cinabro green. It must be reproduced as Veronese and the Sigma isn't faithfull in this, the Sony or the Pentax imho are far superior.
Instead  Sigmas are a good choice for carachoal, puntasecca and sculpture and any other tecnique where the materic part has a larger importance.

I'd like to try photographing Veronese green with the DP2M.  Hmmn.  I find shades of purple  more difficult to photograph accurately with the Sony A77 and also found the same thing with the Canon 5D MK II.  Thankfully I've got different systems to meet my needs, even though the DP2M does have some clear resolution and detail advantages.

-- hide signature --

Gary Mercer

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow