Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jagge
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,888Gear list
Like?
Optics vs sensor, aka M43 optics vs. Nex 6 sensor
Oct 20, 2012

Just another thought / thread about choosing between the NEX6 platform and the current M43. To me its really difficult. I do think the NEX have the sensor advantage when one likes to use low DOF in portraits and so on. If i get a NEX6 i will likely get the 16-50 mm kit lense AND the 35 mm 1.8 and maybe the 50 mm 1.8 for starters. I would love the ability to work with off cam flashgun though and dont know if that is possible with the NEX.

Now the other candidate could be the OMD or the upcoming GH3. The GH3 is very expensive I think, that might seal the deal against that one. The NEX6 seems to come at a  impressive price considering the sensor AND the high quality EVF.

What could really keep me on the M43 is the optics of the 45 mm 1.8, 24 mm 1.4 and the 75 mm 1.8. The latter is though propably to expensive for me.  It seems to me that the optics coming for NEX is shaping up a lot with the 35 mm 1.8, the very well reviewed and very cheap sigma 2.8 etc. It does seem that especially the primes are stellar  for m43 and that is what makes me consider staying on M43.

I actually never considered the omd because of the low video capabilities, but Steve Huff has showed so much great stuff based on OMD that I am a bit tempted.

It would be great to hear what you think, cheap house and great sensor with growing lense selection has it going for the NEX6, the stellar small primes makes me interested in the M43, how do you feel about that ?

Best wishes

Jakob

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow