Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Keldyn
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Antarctica Expedition, 5D II or III
Oct 20, 2012

For about a month now I have been trying to settle on the best possible camera to take with me to Antarctica for a 14 month Expedition at Mawson Base. Ive narrowed it down to Initially the 5D Mark III which I can get delivered online for around $3500 with an Australian Warranty or the 5D Mark II for $2500, both with the 24-105 lens.

In terms of Lenses I am looking at all Canon and L series the 24-105 which comes with the Body, 17-40 for my wide angle, 100-400 and possibly the 8-15 fisheye to have some fun with a unique lens for a unique environment.
Now my Questions
1) What Camera Would you take?
2) Do you agree with the Lenses and is their anything you would add or change?
3) Apart from Tripod, Head, Camera Bag, Light, extra batterys, and memory cards is their anything else that could be useful such as Filters that you may like to advise me?

Whatever way this is going to be a huge step up for me as its my first DSLR but in those conditions I needed a camera that will handle the conditions as I cant just go to the shops or get something sent to me within a week. Have to say I am really looking forward to this learning opportunity and while I am down their will be reading every manual I can about DSLR, Photoshop and Lightroom.

If you have a look at the whole package and let me know what you think I would really really really appreciate it and hopefully reward you with some amazing photos.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow